Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Closet Chaos part 2

Ta Da! I've installed the shelves and two hanging bars. I just need to label the boxes and baskets to help keep us organized. I also want to hang one more section of shelves to the right.

This closet stores EVERYTHING. From extra barstools to winter wear and shoes, to batteries, tools, games, the vacuum and recycle bin. I've got it all in there with room to spare.

I got the cloth boxes as Ross today $10 for two. Matt, Drew and I will have our own to store hats, gloves, scarves and any other miscellaneous items that end up floating around.

I used the magazine boxes at the top to organize the multitude of user manuals, warranty information and telephone books--they look much better out of sight, and will be a lot easier to find what we're looking for once labeled.

I hung a low bar so that Drew can hang up his own jackets instead of just throwing them on the floor.

It looks a lot less cluttered now, and I'm not going to get so upset if the door is left open.

Stay tuned for part 3. I'll be hanging the other shelves, patching and painting. I might even try hanging some wallpaper on the back wall.

1 comment:

carla said...

It looks great, your hard work really paid off. Well done!