Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Random Spring Things

I planted a cutting garden on the south side of the house last fall. It gets great sun over there, but it is such a small space and it's not used for much other than storing the garbage cans.

These beautiful tulips are the first bounty of my new cutting garden. They are so perfect!


We are hosting the Easter celebration this year. So, today I started thinking about the table and the menu. I think we're going to go with a moss, flowers, and fluff theme on the table. I got this moss ball at Michael's with a 40% off coupon- I think it cost about $2.50. The urn I already had.


The chicks are also from Michael's. I think I'll make napkin rings with them.


Other sunroom progress.

I decided I don't like or need long heavy curtains, so I took down the burlap panels and washed them. Now they are going to be table cloths :)

I made these pillows. After much deliberation about whether to use the sheep-zebra skins to make pillows I decided to go a little lighter and whipped these up. I'm not sure if I'm loving them though.


I got my first new pair of sunglasses in about 8 years. I'm not one for paying for a name brand, but these are Kate Spade and I got them for $30. They are polarized and I actually think they make my vision better. Do I look stylish or like a big goof?.....


This is a self portrait taken this past weekend at the National Kite Festival. We had a lot of fun. It was a beautiful day to be outside and especially fun flying kites.

3 comments:

Boxwood Terrace said...

Hi Julie- Your sunglasses and cushions look great. I was just reading your earlier post about your upholstery class and had to comment. I did the same thing years ago with a wingback chair too. It took forever and I didn't get it finished in the first class so had to take another. It is time consuming and I had all these plans for re-upholstering old furniture, but it never happend. Now, I'm ready to pay a professional to recover the same chair! Funny how that happens.
Deborah

Anonymous said...

Oh I wish I had know you were there. I can't believe how long it has been since I have seen you...Do you remember? Dare I say? Nope, I'll just pretend it was last week. You look great and I love the shades.

mimi said...

Lovin the pillows Julie, they will be fantastic for the spring and summer.... who knows, in the fall you can whip up something else that suits your fancy for the cooler months! Glad I stumbled upon your blog, I think we are kindred spirits!