Thursday, May 13, 2010

Another Organization Project - My Lifestyle

The truth is, that I've gotten so caught up in my home projects and distracting myself with shopping for the house that I've let myself go. For three years now I've pretty much eaten ANYTHING I want in ANY quantity. I've been extremely self indulgent when it comes to food. I felt OK as long as I could find something to wear and I avoid mirrors it really was not a problem.

I spend my time making my surrounding pretty because that's what I'm looking at.

But a colleague of Matt's invited us to join him at a fund raising event tomorrow. It's cocktail attire. This meant I had to go shopping for something to wear. Trying on clothes and looking in a full length mirror jolted me into reality.


So on Mother's Day I started a more personal project-getting my body in shape. I'm 5 days in now and feeling really good. I'm hoping that by putting this in writing I'll stick with it and I'll have such good results that I'll be able to show you a before and after of myself.

I can't do anything too rigid because I know I won't stick with it. I'm making a lifestyle change instead. So for now I'm walking in the mornings before Drew gets out of bed. I've stopped eating the massive quantities of junk (candy, cookies, scones, chips, etc.). I'm eating in a more conscience way and watching carbs and fats. I feel better already!


I'm looking forward to going out tomorrow night. I got my brows waxed, nails done, bought a new dress, bought some new makeup and I'm working on a new piece of jewelry. It's fun to have a change of focus.

I'm trying a new technique with wire wrapping and I think it looks fantastic.

Here is the Calvin Klein dress I just bought. It's simple and classic and most importantly fits me!


My old standby shoes I've had for years. Pretty basic.


Another dress option. A friend loaned this one to me. It's fun! But does a girl who is trying to slim down really want to wear horizontal stripes?....


Which one do you like better?




5 comments:

the gardener's cottage said...

hi julie,

i like the calvin klein dress. with that necklace it's going to be so beautiful. i love that you are taking care of yourself. i will be posting my favorite breakfast that i think will fit into your new eating program, try it you might like it even though it is vegan!

~janet

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Julie, I like the first best. The second is fabulous, but horizontal stripes are tough unless you are a supermodel! Amazing how quickly a little exercise and healthy eating makes us feel, right? Best wishes on your self-improvement goals!

carla said...

Hi Julie,

I agree, go with the solid black dress. The horizontal stripes look great on the hanger though. Love the new necklace too. Stick with it, great time of year to set healthy goals.

Anonymous said...

I'd go with the classic black too. It looks like a great dress and will look stunning with the new necklace.

Annie

kayce hughes said...

Needing to do the same! I have started a little but still having trouble being consistent.