Thursday, August 5, 2010

Is it Perfect?

Not even close. But for me, it's good enough.


A while back I posted about the Waverly Sun n Shade fabric I finally found for my outdoor patio furniture redo.  I had priced the project to have the cushions redone professionally and decided,  I could teach myself how to do it and save some money.


So I just kind of winged it (or is it wung it?).  I'm happy with the cheerful green. I'm happy with the pattern even though I didn't match them up. I'm happy with the way I put in zippers (I hadn't done that before). I still have to do a few finishing touches. But already it makes me so happy to look outside at the cheerful green with birds. This very old furniture feels new and will be even better once it has a fresh coat of paint.  That probably won't happen until next spring though.


In case you're just joining me or didn't see the before, here is what it looked like. 


I'm looking forward to spending time out on the new cushions.



Even the bunnies like it.

(taken this morning through the window)

12 comments:

the gardener's cottage said...

hi julie,

it's perfect in my eyes! we both know my eyes are a little warped though! but truly i think you did an amazing job. and zippers too! i've only attempted those once and it wasn't very pretty.


~janet

Anonymous said...

You winged/wung it & it looks fabulous!

xo
Eddie & Jaithan

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Gorgeous, Julie. Love the fabric.

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Gorgeous, Julie. Love the fabric.

Phil Holland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phil Holland said...

Now, if only toads and bunnies came in chartreuse!

Tara said...

Nice work! Zippers....I haven't attempted yet but I need to. You might be getting a call :)

Tara said...

Nice work! Zippers....I haven't attempted yet but I need to. You might be getting a call :)

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Phil Holland said...

There is a rabbit living in Mom's yard. He comes up to the pond for water and lives down near the driveway.

Dovecote Decor said...

Wow! NRG! I'm impressed.
I'll come back often!

Lauren said...

eeeek- love that fabric!! beautiful!!