I'm touched that my friend and fellow chair loving blogger, Kim of Chattafabulous nominated me for a stylish blogger award last week. I've beens struggling to come up with 7 facts about myself ever since. Then this week the very talented Kathy of Stitchfork also nominated me. I'm thrilled that I've found both Kim and Kathy in blogging and I'm so grateful that they like Monkey Grass Hill. Thank You!
As a recipient of this nomination I'm supposed to tell you seven things about myself.
I've dug down deep and honestly I'm having a really hard time coming up with anything interesting. This has been more difficult for me than figuring out how to make a slipcover. Quite possibly more challenging than teaching myself how to upholster a chair. More stressful than hosting a formal dinner party for 12.
1. I never knew I was a collector until I started blogging and writing about my days. Now I realize that I collect, lamps/light fixtures, chairs, china, flatware, glasses, milk glass, vintage mink, tables, fabric, plants, the list goes on.
2. I'm married to an accountant, Matt, who I met while working at a company owned by a professional sports team owner. At the time we met the owner was in the process of buying the team. Matt moved on with him once the sale was finalized and stayed there for most of our married life. I'm not a sports fan, so the thrill of that and the amazing seats he used to have were lost on me. I never went to another game after we got married. (He's not there anymore.) We'll be married 8 years in June.
4. The first art class I took was pottery wheel when I was in my late 20's. I really loved throwing on the wheel, but it was too time consuming going back and forth to the pottery studio. Every time I started dating anyone seriously I had to stop because it was too time consuming and the open studio hours were very limited. So I moved onto oil painting. But my tiny little house really wasn't a good space for all the supplies and clean up required. So then I decided to try making jewelry because I could do it from home and it wouldn't take up a lot of space. (and I like being able to design what I want to wear.)
5. I was a marketing and communications manager for Freddie Mac before I had Drew and became a stay at home mom.
6. My furniture purchases are often determined by whether I can lift, move, and transport them by myself.
(this is the cabinet that is in the pantry now and a couple more plants)
7. My family considers me somewhat of a gourmet cook, but my favorite food is mexican and my favorite place to eat is Moe's. For those of you who don't know, Moe's is a fast food mexican chain like Chipotle--the opposite of gourmet.
Image via Wikipedia
I'm relieved that's over with. Now I can get back to the easy stuff like heavy lifting and teaching myself how to blow glass ;)
Don't forget to enter my giveaway by leaving a comment, becoming a follower, visiting my website and telling me what piece of jewelry you like best.