Friday, July 8, 2011

Having Fun With It


Have you met Cathy of Stitchfork Designs yet? She is one of the most clever, creative bloggers out there. In her posts you'll see her original works of custom embroidery paired with fun facts/trivia.  


I've been admiring her work for quite some time and I've picked up quite a few interesting tidbits of information that will make me a conversational superstar at the next cocktail party. 

For months I've been trying to decide if I should order something with my monogram. Or,  do something fun to take Monkey Grass Hill to the next level.   Cathy's slogan is, "it's just embroidery, have fun with it" guess what I chose?




Even though I didn't know what I wanted, the process was really easy.  She asked me a couple questions via e-mail. 

and threw out some options







She stitched one up 



Did a little fine tuning


And I can now take lunch and dinner reservations for 8 at Monkey Grass Hill. 


They turned out great. I can't wait to use them!




Check out Cathy's blog Stitchfork.

Once you see what she can do, I'm sure you'll want to have a little fun with embroidery too.  Tell her I sent you. 

Enhanced by Zemanta

16 comments:

jeanette from everton terrace said...

I'm already a Cathy fan! Love what she did. I really like the ones where the monkey's are in the letters, so clever.

the gardener's cottage said...

ok julie, i love this. this is so dang cute. i'm going over now to learn to be a conversational superstar.

xo
janet

pve design said...

I think I need a "pve" monogram cocktail linens for a party, to celebrate when the renovation is all finished!
Cathy is amazing!
pve

Anonymous said...

where can i place a reservation?

Stitchfork said...

Thank you Julie!! It was fun working with you! And I'm looking forward to wearing my original design necklace from your talented work!
xo Cathy

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

I love these, Julie. Great collaboration!

Unknown said...

Those are just adorable, Julie!

I'm a huge fan of Cathy's work - she's a master of creativity! Now, all you have to do is decide what to serve for dinner!

Happy Sunday!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

I'm an avid fan of Cathy's work. She is so clever and talented. I want to have some napkins made, but haven't decided just what I want. These are darling!
When's the dinner party? ~ Sarah

The Buzz Blog said...

These are such fun - wonder if I have to name my home before I get Cathy to create something for me? It's such fun to discover new blogs and I'm off to read more!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Hi Julie! Just came over from Cathy's blog to see your new embroidered napkins. They are gorgeous and I love the final outcome!

Unknown said...

great job! I love Cathy's blog and her fun monograms. I love what you did together!

quintessence said...

Already a fan of Cathy's work!! She did a wonderful job for you - what fun!! I even like the first version of the napkins!!

Privet and Holly said...

Cathy is wonderful.
And so creative!
These are darling.
Love your moniker : )
xx Suzanne

About Last Weekend said...

Wow, that is just so incredibly cute! it's perfect! Love all the green and the monkeys!

Elle & Em said...

These are so fun! We love them!!