Monday, November 21, 2011

Vintage Sunday Breakfast

Matt and I have an ongoing discussion about which meal is better to host. I prefer a nice dinner with candle light and a glass of wine. He likes having friends over for breakfast. 

In his words, "it's very relaxed and the the perfect amount of time to spend with friends."

Sure, he would say that--He's not the one getting up at the break of dawn to crack 20 eggs, slice pineapple, bagels and flip pancakes. :)

(He does run out to buy fresh bagels though.) 


I went with a vintage table setting.
Retro table cloth, thrift store china and roses in milk glass. 





I usually forget to get pictures of our guests. This time I remembered to get a picture of a few people at the table as our visit was winding down.

I used to enjoy "coffee talk" every morning at work with these two guys when I had an office job. 
Although we've all moved on to different jobs we manage to get together, with our equally wonderful spouses, a few times a year and it's always a lot of laughs.

Whether it's breakfast or dinner I do like to enjoy a meal at home with friends.


Best boss ever and all around great friend- appropriately named Bud.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!






Enhanced by Zemanta

8 comments:

Travel Carol said...

And, as one of the lucky few who were invited to this incredible breakfast, I have to say that it was absolutely divine!!

Stitchfork said...

And you used your new 'happy plates' - so perfect! Love your rose arrangements too. And can relate - the guys here all think those turkeys are magically stuffed and in the ovens at dawn...
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
xo Cathy

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Everything looks wonderful! Breakfast is my favorite meal to eat so I enjoy hosting breakfast get togethers the most as well. It's harder to do dinners because I'm a vegetarian and none of our friends are and always seem to be expecting meat at dinners.

the gardener's cottage said...

everything looks so fabo julie. love the whole set-up. esp. the vintage plates and the roses. the foods looks pretty dang good too.
have a happy thanksgiving! xo janet

pve design said...

I would gladly accept a b-fast, lunch or dinner invite.
Hint Hint.
Enjoy your thanksgiving. :)
pve

Bonnie said...

You are using those happy dishes. Your table is absolutely lovely. I've hosted brunch, but never breakfast. Sounds wonderful! Happy Thanksgiving!

About Last Weekend said...

Everything looks beautiful and very fun. Your guests are very lucky! The fruit, flowers and eggs looks delish!

kayce hughes said...

I love either but a great breakfast is hard to beat.