Thursday, April 26, 2012

Show & Tell -- My Vintage Bar Cart



I found this vintage bar cart at an estate sale a couple months ago. 
It was tucked in a corner buried behind buckets and bottles of cleaning supplies 
and it was really grungy. 



I wasn't sure what I would do with it, but it was only $20. 
I knew I could come up with some use for it -- like maybe a rolling lemonade stand.

I scrubbed it down and busted out a can of spray paint.  
Honestly, the only reason I went with gold is that I wanted to get rid of the can of paint. 
Just killing two birds with one stone and being thrifty :)  
(the lighting is terrible for photography in here)

Once I got it in the house, I realized it's just the thing I've been looking for in my laundry room.  I've been struggling to find the right thing to hold laundry baskets and detergents in this narrow space. This is great because it rolls out. 



I can let sweaters dry flat on top



But wait! That's not all 

I'll also be able to pull it out and use it as a mobile lemonade stand for Drew




 And let's not forget the intended purpose--it's great for parties


who knows what other uses I'll come up with?  
It's a very useful little cart, and $20 well spent.

8 comments:

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Great find and fabulous revamp!
It kind of breaks my heart a little though. I had a cart like it but it was oval. It had been my mother's and when we moved we decided it probably wouldn't go well in the new house. SHAME on me. I rarely regret letting things go but I do regret that one.
I keep my laundry powder in glass jars as well :)

the gardener's cottage said...

i love it julie but i think i could live in your laundry room! it is so beautiful! xo

pve design said...

You scare me.....in a good way.
I just see you smiling and wheeling that darn thing all over creation! :)
pve

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

That is so darn cute. Your laundry room is awfully chic!

Stitchfork said...

Cleaned up and juiced up!
xo Cathy

.....ohhhh, I spy Monkey Grass Hill napkins!

About Last Weekend said...

Wow! That is one very glamorous laundry cart! Oh lala!

Unknown said...

REally cute and inspiring! I need a bar cart, Ive decided. Very chic laundry area, darling!
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

The Vintique Object said...

I have a similar cart and have struggled with how to make it over for the little venture I'm starting with my neighbor. Thank you so much for the ideas!

Love the way yours turned out!