Thursday, July 5, 2012

Picking and spinning


Before the crazy heat set in we made our way out to Butler's farm to pick blueberries. 

What do you do when you have a bucket of berries?  
We eat them by the handful, make blueberry pancakes and try out a new sorbet recipe of course! 


This one's a keeper. 

Just blend
2 1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup water
3 tbsp. lemon juice and zest
3 tbsp. agave nectar

Give the mix a spin in your ice cream maker and let it firm up in the freezer. 


Then enjoy a very healthy treat. 

Come back tomorrow to hear about our exciting visit to an international grocery store. 



The winner of the Novica gift card was Suzy. Congratulations Suzy!
Thank you very much to Novica for sponsoring this giveaway. 


5 comments:

the gardener's cottage said...

oh this sounds delish julie. i will try this for sure. and what a cutie pie helper you have.:)

Bonnie said...

Oh I think I have the same ice cream mixer....I just need that cute boy (thank him for his sweet comment) to do the turning.

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

Yum. I love blueberries.

pve design said...

2 scoops 2 go please!
looks so refreshing.....and yes you have a very cute helper.
pve

Mr Paul said...

Wow, just what I need 2 scoops for me too please. I'd love to go blueberry picking and make my own ice cream too.

Paul