Monday, November 26, 2012

Black Table, Dry Chicken


I've been in a very black and white mood lately. I think I need to pull it back a bit. 



But, while I'm in the throws of it I decided to set the table in black and white (again). 



I thought the table looked pretty. 


Estate sale stemware, Ikea runners, Homegoods plates and Grandmas flatware.


 The prep went well. Things were looking good

(Ina Garten recipe - white chocolate apricot, cranberry, pistachio bark)

 and smelling great (if I do say so myself).

(Ina Garten roasted chicken breast recipe)

 Dessert was looking delectable.   


 It was a very Ina menu. Good ole Ina, she's NEVER let me down before... 

But this time, the chicken was dry :(   Oh Ina, why have you forsaken me?! 

It's really not her fault. I didn't follow the recipe to the letter.  I'm pretty sure my friends will forgive me.  And Ina, I forgive you--or should I say, I'll never stray from your instructions again. Lesson learned. 

I've had a couple dinner party dishes fail lately and I beat myself up for days after. I love having friends over for a nice dinner, so I'm not going to give up yet. Who wants to be my next guinea pig?...


6 comments:

the gardener's cottage said...

ina's never let me down either.:)

your table looks stunning! that runner is from ikea? pretty!

i'll gladly be your next guinea pig!

pve design said...

There is one thing I hate and that is having such a pretty table and then the meal not behaving.... That is akin to being all dressed up and no place to go. Oh, Ina - you have never let me down....could it be your butcher needs to know about this monty python poultry? I will gladly be your guinea pig or even your chef or wine sommelier.
pve

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

Table is beautiful! Too bad about the chicken but good company usually makes up for it. I'm sure your friends didn't mind.

Bonnie said...

I am on my way! Your table is so pretty. I, too, am a fan of the Contessa. I have friends who often lend themselves to my dinner experiments. My thought is if all else fails there is call in pizza or chinese. All is well! Bonnie

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

You probably just needed another glass of wine. The table looks fantastic.

Unknown said...

Your table looks amazing, and it looks like whatever you cook is going to be fabulous..really. Don't beat yourself up, your guests still would rather eat what you served than go home and cook it themselves! Happy Holidays!
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com