Sunday, November 4, 2012

My Latest Plan - Fashion for Philanthropy

I mentioned a couple weeks ago that I was working on my business plan. While the website is still a mess (I have to get pictures of my designs posted and fix some links) I'm ready to tell you about it, and invite any locals to an open house on Friday. 


My goal was to simplify EVERYTHING
I've changed my logo to what I think is a fresh and easily recognizable logo.

I've changed my website URL.  I shortened it to just JulieLoRusso.com 
(it used to be julielorussojewelry.com). 


I've added a shopping cart to the website to streamline the checkout process. 

And, I've changed my strategy to something that makes me feel good and hopefully makes my customers feel good too. I'm calling it
Fashion for Philanthropy
I'll donate 25% of all sales to charity. Online sales will go to the charity of my choice. But, anyone can host an event and select the charity they want the 25% to go to.  For example, a couple weeks ago I sold jewelry at Drew's school festival and 25% of the sales went to back to the school. The cool part is that anyone can host a party/fundraiser even if you're not local we can do an online sale. 
At the end of the event the hostess will get a check for  her charity AND a piece of jewelry as a thank you. If you're interested in hosting a fund raiser contact me.   

 


 I'm kicking things of this week with my own Jewelry Open House/Fund raiser at Monkey Grass Hill. 

Friday November 9
10:00 am -6:00 pm


If you're local please stop by and check out my newest designs 
(I've got some really new great pieces). 

The proceeds for my home party will be going to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's unique mission is to find cures for children with cancer and other life-threatening diseases through research and treatment. 

And no family ever pays St. Jude for anything.





11 comments:

the gardener's cottage said...

oh i wish i were a local.
what a wonderful idea and plan julie and i'm not surprised at all that you would be this generous.

xo
janet

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

I'll be checking out your site for my X-mas list. St. Jude's is my favorite charity too.
I love the first necklace in the post.

Stitchfork said...

If I was local, I'd stop by! I can attest that every time I wear the necklace you made me -- compliments abound! Love your new logo too!
xo
Cathy

Bonnie said...

Julie, St. Jude's is such a wonderful cause. They do amazing work there. I am going to be visiting your new place. Love the new Logo. The best of luck to you. Bonnie

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Julie, I love the new logo and your plans to profit-share with charitable organizations. Good luck with all of it - I only wish I lived close to you! Best to you!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

kayce hughes said...

Brilliant. And I love love love the new logo!

Brandy@MAKE+MODEL said...

So thoughtful and the jewlery is beautiful. I wish I lived close enough for the open house. Good luck and I'm going to check out the online store. - Brandy

About Last Weekend said...

Simplicity is always the best way and I love all your changes. What a great move to donate so much to charity - good luck and I'm going to check out the store again.

My Interior Life said...

Oh, Julie what a wonderful business plan! I think that's a great way to share your talent and help others. And can't think of a better charity than St. Jude (I grew up in Memphis).

Stop by and enter my Novica giveaway if you get a chance. Glad you're back to blogging. I take breaks a lot too. Just so much going on!

Donna Benedetto said...

Absolutely love the fashion for Philanthropy idea. It is always good to give back and everyone feels good about that. Wishing you all the best with this.
Donna
thebeneblog.com

Sanity Fair said...

Beautiful pieces! I especially love the corded knot necklace. Great work.