Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Crazy Cat Lady

I'm really not a "cat lady" but something about this thing spoke to me. 
Apparently we (the cat and I) speak a very rare language.  The thrift store was all a buzz that someone was actually going to buy the crazy polka dot cat box. 
(Now half price since it had been there so long.)

Once proudly displayed at home it received a very quick veto from Drew and Matt. 

I was asked to remove it. 
I obliged by moving it to a less conspicuous place.  


Fire away people, nothing is going to change my mind about this crazy polka dotted cat box. 

11 comments:

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

It looks spot on (sorry I couldn't resist) between the candle sticks. I have seen a few pics of your gorgeous home and it is clear that you have great taste...keep it, its groovy.

pve design said...

I really think that the crazy cat lady needs to have a dinner party with her favorite cool cats and that cat should be the center piece. I do think it is the cat's me-ow. Oh how I love when our dawgs in the house bark. More reason to get those claws out and show your fangs. Ms. Kitty box got style.
pve

Tartan Terrace said...

Personally, I LOVE it! I would've bought it in a heart beat!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I would have bought it. Love it.

Eleanor said...

My husband felt the same way about the pair of giant gilded pheasants I came home with. Only I display mine right on our dining room buffet.
I like how the colors coordinate with your decor...it is a piece of candy!

onnery said...

LOL It's purrrfect! Aren't polka dots vogue at present?

Bonnie said...

Well....I actually love it's mouth and eyebrows. It is an interesting piece that only needed someone special to love it. Bonnie

My Notting Hill said...

I think it's fun! Love the colors.

Julye said...

It looks very funny !!!

About Last Weekend said...

I saw some incredibly expensive HUGE cat sculptures while in France just opposite L'Colombe d'or restaurant so maybe you have the very French instincts. Your porcelain pusscat looks very happy presiding over the hardbacks!

Brandy@MAKE+MODEL said...

I agree. I love it and I'm not a cat fan. I think it's the black and white. - Brandy