If you're local and you haven't been to the city of Falls Church in a while you should know that it's really starting to blossom, and this Friday is the perfect time to check out what's new.
FIRSTfriday of Falls Church is a monthly, year-round event that creates and promotes a business and social synergy for the arts and artists in and around the city of Falls Church attracting people to view local artwork, attend musical and theatrical performances, learn about the City’s history, and shop and dine in downtown Falls Church.
This week (and for the month of February) I'll be the featured artist at the very cool shop Stifel & Capra.
Stifel & Capra is owned by a very friendly and energetic artist. Her shop offers an eclectic mix of vintage and new accessories for home and self. From original works of art to the cutest handmade notecards and vintage clothing and jewelry. There's always something new and different.
This Friday from 5:00 - 8:00 I'll be showing/selling my latest New Vintage designs at Stifel & Capra. Stop by and say hi, have a sip and nibble while you shop, then head over to one of the cute restaurants to enjoy their FIRSTFriday specials -- make it a girl's night out or take your honey and call it date night! It'll be fun.
If you can't make it, be sure to check out the Stifel & Capra shop on Etsy
FIRSTFriday details link
At Art and Frame of Falls Church - 703-534-4202, 111 Park Ave., 6-8 pm, www.artandframeoffallschurch.com
- Art exhibit and opening reception entitled "Lively and Whimsical: Abstract Interpretations of Our Day", new paintings by Eileen Hecht-Levy and Donna Byrne.
- Open Studio Night with Marina Troy and Christine Miller.
At Red, White & Bleu Wine and Gourmet - 703-533-WINE (9463), 127 S. Washington St., 5-8 pm, www.redwhiteandbleu.com
- Enjoy the featured theme beer tasting in The Tasting Room with FREE admission.
At Creative Cauldron at ArtSpace - 571-239-5288 410 S. Maple Ave, www.creativecauldron.org
- "Stories on Steel, Wood & Ivory" musical performance the DAY AFTER FIRSTfriday! Singer/Songwriters Ben Mason, Jeff Severson and Jeff Smith invite you to hear their stories on January 7, the first Saturday of the new year. Purchase tickets for only $15 in advance online or by phone.
At Ireland’s Four Provinces Restaurant - 703-534-8999, 105 W. Broad St., 8 pm ‘til closing, www.4psva.com
- Local Irish Balladeer singing songs you know and maybe some you don't know!
At Dogwood Tavern - 703-237-8333, 132 W. Broad St., 8 pm ‘til closing, www.dogwoodtavern.com
- FIRSTfriday After Party with musical performance.
At Clay Café Studios - 703-534-7600, 101 N. Maple Ave., 6-9pm, www.claywire.com
- Every day is an ARTful event at Clay Café! Come by and check out the new pottery and glass fusing projects that will be available for Valentine's Day gifts. Light refreshments.
At Curves - 703-536-0140, 240 W. Broad St., 6-8:30pm
- Displayed works of Beejee Juhnke showcasing her paintings from trips she has made, still life, portraiture and plein air all in oil.
At Stifel and Capra, "Art and Ornament for your Wonderful Life" - 703-533-3557, 260 W. Broad St., 5-8 pm, www.StifelandCapra.com
- Meet Jeweler Julie Lo Russo as she presents her mixed vintage/contemporary line for the first time. Stock up for your sweetie for Valentine's Day! Meet our resident artists, enjoy a snack and convivial company! . .
At Sacred Well Yoga Studio - 703-989-8316, 450 W. Broad St. Ste. 320, 7-8:15 pm, www.swys.net
- Class for Charity. Join us for an all-levels yoga class for charity. 100% of all donations go to local charities. Charity changes monthly. Suggested donation is $10, but pay what you like.
At Fall Properties - 703-536-0140, 212-A N. West St., 5:30-8pm, www.fallproperties.com
- Art exhibit and opening reception. Meet the artist, share a glass, a nosh, and some good conversation.
- $7.50 Fish & Chips lunch special, dine in only.
At Ireland’s Four Provinces - 703-534-8999, 105 W. Broad St., www.4psva.com
- Platter feeds four people, dine in only, 3:30 to 7 pm
At Maneki Neko Japanese Restaurant - 703-534-8666, 238 W. Broad St., www.mneko.com
- 10% discount off dinner entrée, dine in only.
At La Caraquena Restaurant - 703-533-0076, 300 W. Broad St., www.lacaraquena.com
- 10% discount off lunch for two (food only), dine in only.
At Mad Fox Brewing Company - 703-942-6840, 444 W. Broad St., www.madfoxbrewing.com
- Get Foxed on Sundays with Brunch AND $7 Lunch Specials Monday thru Friday, 11am to 3pm.
Retail Therapy:At Art and Frame of Falls Church - 703-534-4202, 111 Park Ave., www.artandframeoffallschurch.com
- 20% discount off any custom wood framing need.
At Allstate: GJG Insurance Agency - 703-241-8100, 125 N. Washington St.
- Now offering Claim Satisfaction Guarantee on personal auto insurance policies!
At Red, White & Bleu Wine and Gourmet - 703-533-WINE, 127 S. Washington St., www.redehiteandbleu.com
- Featured beers in the tasting room are specially discounted.
At Creative Cauldron at ArtSpace - 571-239-5288 410 S. Maple Ave, 8 pm, www.creativecauldron.org
- Purchase tickets for only $15 in advance online or by phone.
At Clay Café Studios - 703-534-7600, 101 Maple Ave., www.claywire.com
- Check out the new pottery and glass fusing projects that will be available for Valentine's Day gifts.
At Curves - 703-536-0140, 240 W. Broad St.
- Try Curves for 10 days for only $10.00!
- Teens/Tweens Yoga Classes at 5pm with Carson, followed by Power Vinyasa at 6:30pm with Carson.