Friday, July 9, 2010

I Found It!




I've had this outdoor furniture for probably 14 years. I got it at an estate sale and it's been very good to me. I've been looking for the perfect fabric to recover the seats for a long time, and now I've found it. 



It's a fun green, with a classic design, but not so formal that it will clash with the detail in the iron. I love the birds and of course, the price it right $8 yrd. :) It's Waverly Sun and Shade.   I'm going to attempt to sew the cushions myself.

What really pushed me to head in this direction was the umbrella I got at world market last weekend.

I'm going to keep some of the black and white stripes in the scheme.

(that's a blow up pool in bottom of picture in case you're wondering
It's been so hot here that when we're not at the swimming pool we're in this blow-up pool)


In keeping with my low budget patio, I made this little table. 
Free concrete base with stone on top--Voila!


Today we've got a group of 6 coming in to stay at our "B&B" -- I'm expecting them to knock on the door any minute now. 

Have a great weekend!

Julie


2 comments:

the gardener's cottage said...

hi julie,

i just love this fabric. your backyard terrace is absolutely beautiful. it's so green! you are so lucky. the green fabric with the black and white stripes and the perfect umbrella look as if they were made for each other. i can't wait to see this project completed.

~janet

My Notting Hill said...

Love that fabric with your umbrella. The shape of your 3 seater is great tii - looks like it curves at the sides.