Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Big Cats

I'm an animal lover.

In the past I've talked a lot about my love of zebra prints and recently I shared my collection of those little vermin we hate to love, mink.  I'm also a huge fan of big cats, especially the spotted ones.


The leopard print has the colors I have throughout my house. I guess these are my favorite neutrals. Black, white, golden beige. My house and my closet house a lot of these colors.

 I got this dress last year and have worn it a lot from fall through winter. Comfy and cute!

Notice the tile on the floor, the mirror frame on the right there, the painting in the background. All leopard colors--I just noticed that.



I've been on a mission to find an old a lion head door knocker, and if I could work in some concrete lions at my driveway without looking too pretentious I would do it!

Brass Lion Head Door KnockerImage via Wikipedia

About a month ago I found a pair of huge lion head earrings at the flea market. They are BIG and I really didn't know what I could do with them--but I loved them!

This weekend the "cat forces" must have been with me, because the design for the earrings and an amazing big cat estate find both came to me. I realized the lion head earring would be fantastic on a gold cuff.   I might have to keep this one just for myself.




I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this purse was still around on day two of an estate sale. I was shocked when I saw the price tag read $10 and the cashier rang it up at the second day discount for $7.50.




I love the vintage style and it's in great condition.  It's absolutely beautiful and I have a pretty strong feeling it might be real leopard.





The leopard trend is hot now, but I don't think it ever really goes out of style. At least for me it doesn't. 
There's always room for the big cats in this dog house!









Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

carla said...

Hi Julie,

I love that purse. Drool worthy.

pve design said...

Now that is what I call a "pocket book!" tres chic!
Love the new green back-ground and I posted your home on my facebook page....to try to bring people to look at your great designs!
pve

Anonymous said...

You should definitely get a lions head door knocker! Love it!

E+J

My Interior Life said...

I just bought a brass lion's head towel holder for my powder bath. Love it. Tried to get a new door knocker and was not as successful! Love that cuff and bag. Fabulous!