Sunday, April 11, 2010

Feed My Addiction While Accessorizing Your Home



Pottery Barn $30

Arhaus $59


I've been thinking about my post yesterday. I suggested that you shop estate sales and thrift stores instead of the retail chains. But I know as well as anyone that most people don't have the time or interest in "treasure hunting". It can be overwhelming and most people have full time jobs and families. I'm very lucky because I have a hard-working husband who enables me the luxury to shop often.


I got this idea from another blogger who will search Craigslist in anyone's city looking for an item (so they don't have to). She charges $25.

Tuesday Morning $7.99 and $10.99

I'm offering to do the same thing, only I'll be going to thrift stores, flea markets, and estate sales, discount stores, I'll even pick up something curbside. I'll be your personal shopper for unique affordable home goods in the Washington DC metropolitan area. I can alert your to where I see what you might be looking for and even send you a photo. If you need me to make the purchase make any changes or fix-ups or ship something then I'll have to charge a fee.

I'm ready for a treasure hunt, what are you looking for?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is a great idea. Let me know if you need any help over here in MD. I LOVE your idea! I am all for treasure hunting. The boys and I hit a church thrift store this morning and scored a ton of linens for $5 along with two cool stainless steel finds. Heaven!

Annie

Unknown said...

I love the fact that you have a pond, with real carp! Is the pond custom made, or did you do it yourself. The guest bathroom update is remarkable. Did you tile yourself or contract with a handyman.
Are you charging $25 to shop like the other blogger? I need some help shopping for fabric and/or a personal coach to get me sewing my first valance or curtain.