This is my kitchen window which I think is a very pretty view. I had to start this post out with a pretty picture, because what you are about to see is not very pretty.
Is this my dream kitchen?.......
Thank God I had a vision when I was presented with this.
Because if I never got past this nearly non-functional very dark kitchen...
I never would have ended up with my dream kitchen.
Here's what I love about it.
- Cool fireplace that I can turn on and off at whim. Creates amazing atmosphere when entertaining and makes me feel like I'm part of the party while I'm cooking.
- Display shelves that hold my pewter collection and cookbooks. Chair on casters creates a really great place to read the books or kick back while dinner is cooking.
- A mantel that changes with the seasons and props up great black and white family photos when we're between holidays.
- Huge island that is used for everything from rolling cookies to arts and crafts to buffets. I never have to worry about staining it. Bring on the red finger paint, red wine and food coloring!
- Great southern exposure. I've rooted countless plants in that window.
- Microwave that is easily accessed but out of sight.
- Lots of cabinets.
- Mix of old and new feels fresh and not trendy.
I didn't use a designer, and can honestly say I wouldn't change a thing.
I'd love to know what you think. Send me a comment.